Meet Alicia, the Calligrapher Behind Proof & Parchment
Hi there! I’m Alicia the calligrapher, designer, and creator of Proof & Parchment. Most days you can find me bopping between working on my calligraphy business and raising my daughter Madelynn.
Throughout my days I work with pointed pen calligraphy to design beautiful envelopes, invitations, and signage for special events. I am so lucky to get to bring to life my customer’s vision and create the first impression shared with their guests.
When I’m not busy working on writing out envelopes or sketching new invitation suites you can catch me settling in to my new home and community in Pittsburgh, PA. Which mostly includes checking out parks with the family and eating at as many local restaurants and coffee shops as possible (Reginald’s Coffee is ahhhmazing!). I also love trying new activities like Y6 hot yoga and Burn Boot Camp.
In your presence there is fullness of joy.Psalm 16:11
Just a Bit More
If you want to hear more, here are 5 things you might not know about me.
- Proof & Parchment came to life after I did the calligraphy for my own wedding in 2017
- I lived in Budapest, Hungary with my husband for 3 years from 2017-2020 and that was the first time we lived in the same city since we started dating.
- My daughter Madelynn is my parents first granddaughter after 8 grandsons!
- Proof & Parchment Calligraphy is an extension to Proof & Parchment which is more focused on gifts and greeting cards.
- I sketched a hand lettering piece every day for a whole year when I first started experimenting in hand lettering.